Thursday, July 17, 2014

An Account of Being a Pioneer Psychometrician through the Grandfather Clause of RA 10029

Below is an account of Sir Victorius Q. Bibera, one of the pioneer Licensed Psychometricians in the Philippines. He is one of those who availed of the grandfather clause of Republic Act 10029, Philippine Psychology Act of 2009 that of being registered as Psychometrician without examination. The law provides exemption of taking the licensure exam provided that requirements for exemption are satisfied. Congratulations to all Registered Psychometricians Without Examination! Congrats sir Victorius Bibera! Thank you for sharing your experience here in our blog.

Photo credit -VICTORIUS QUIAMCO  BIBERA


It is an honor to be a part of the Pioneering Batch of Psychometricians Registered Without Examination, Under R.A. (Republic Act) 10029. When I learned about the approval of the law to regulate the Psychologist and Psychometrician profession, I was one of the hopefuls who are seeking to be exempted from the licensure examination.

Photo credit -VICTORIUS QUIAMCO  BIBERA
Last February 7, 2013, I attended the Briefing on the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of RA 10029 at the De La Salle–College of Saint Benilde and learned interesting insights and information about the approved law of exempting psychology and psychometrics practitioners who had been practicing the profession for considerable number of years. Having read the qualifications, I gained confidence that I can be a part of Pioneering Batch of Registered Psychometricians. Firstly, I have earned a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and obtained experience as a Psychometrician for three and a half years prior to June 2, 2010 (before the law was enacted).

Photo credit -VICTORIUS QUIAMCO  BIBERA
One day after the seminar, I did my online pre-screening application at the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) website. Moreover, I started to prepare and gather the necessary requirements like Transcript of Records, NBI clearance, three (3) certificates of good moral character from my graduate school professor, community and employer, certificate of employment with job description (psychometric work) and ID pictures. I proceeded to PRC to submit my requirements last March 27, 2013 and was advised by the attending personnel to follow-up on the status of my licensure application after 2 months. Then came May 18, 2013, I randomly checked PRC website for updates and was delighted to see my name on Resolution No. 2 Pioneering Batch of Psychometricians. On May 28, 2013, I went to PRC to pay for the initial registration and annual fees.

Photo credit -VICTORIUS QUIAMCO  BIBERA
I was informed by my co-worker on the first week of July 2013 that there will be a scheduled oath taking for Pioneering Batch of Psychologists and Psychometricians on July 19, 2013 at Sofitel Manila. I signified my intention to join the oath taking through paying the ticket at the Psychological Association of the Philippines (PAP) office. Then came July 19, 2013, I attended the event alone with the hope of meeting old friends and colleagues. It was indeed a satisfying feeling to witness and experience the first oath taking of my fellow Psychometricians and well-esteemed Psychologists. I was glad to see one of my graduate school classmates, my former mentor in Philippine Psychological Corporation and my graduate school professor in De La Salle University.
Photo credit -VICTORIUS QUIAMCO  BIBERA


During that time, I was working as a High School Guidance Counselor and I have not yet reaped the fruits of my labor (my license). On a positive note, I am sure that it will help me to become more competent in my field of discipline as I plan to venture into psychological testing soon. Last April 2014, I applied as a Psychometrician in the same school I am working upon learning that one of the Psychometricians will be on leave for a year. Fortunately, I was taken in as a Psychometrician assigned to Grade 7 to Grade 12 students. I am still hopeful and positive to finish my graduate thesis the soonest time possible.




Related posts:
http://psychometricpinas.blogspot.com/2014/07/first-roster-of-filipino.html

http://psychometricpinas.blogspot.com/p/roster-of.html




No comments:

Post a Comment